BECOMING A SPONSOR

A Community Public Art Event & Fundraiser

Produced by the Rotary Club of Los Altos • May – October 2021

Sponsor Agreement

Be sure to download and fill out the sponsor agreement.

 

Why Be a Sponsor?

In 2021, Los Altos Bears will emerge from hibernation to create a celebratory, community-wide public art event and fundraiser. We invite you to sponsor a magnificent Bear to be custom-painted and placed on public display in the community.

The Benefits of Being a Sponsor

  • By supporting The Los Altos Bears creative public art project, you will help revitalize Los Altos’ residents, businesses, schools, and other organizations.
  • As your Bear goes up for auction, proceeds will go to Los Altos Rotary Endowment Fund to support charities. 75% of the proceeds will go to LAREF and 25% will go to support the artists who decorate the bear
  • You can also “Buy it Now”, instead of putting it up for auction.
  • You will be recognized for your generous support of public art and giving. You or your organization’s name, products, and services will be widely publicized via media, websites, a plaque on the installed Bear, and the auction.

You will receive tax deduction for your charitable gift or business expense.

What Happens after I Decide to Be a Sponsor?

1. Complete a Sponsor Agreement .

2. Choose a theme for your Bear. See examples in The Bears.

3. Choose one or more artists to decorate your Bear.

4. The Rotary Club of Los Altos will provide an artist to decorate your Bear.

5. If you desire unusual accessories for your Bear, negotiate the cost with the artist.

6. The Rotary Club of Los Altos will prepare your Bear for decoration and ensure its pick-up by or delivery to the artist.

7. After your Bear has been decorated, The Rotary Club will weatherproof it.

8. In the summer, your Bear will be displayed outdoors in a location of your choice.

9. At the end of summer, the Bear goes to auction.  75% of the proceeds go to Los Altos Rotary Foundation which supports various charities. The remaining 25% goes to the artist who decorated the bear.  The winning bidder determines the permanent location of the Bear.

Information

Be sure to sign up for your bear before all the bears are placed! This is a COMMUNITY WIDE PUBLIC ART event. We encourage participation by all businesses, organizations and individuals.

Contact Carol Dabb:
Phone: (650) 941-1907
email: caroldabb@gmail.com